How We Started
Established in 2001, Terra Felix is Latin for ‘lucky earth’ or ‘lucky country’, which is how owner Peter Simon’s father described Australia when he migrated from Austria.
What we do
Terra Felix aims to create exceptional, affordable wines from Australia’s premium existing and emerging wine regions.
Terra Felix Mission
We thrive in making fine wines that enrich both palate and soul.
- 2001 – Terra Felix established.
- 2003 – Peter Simon becomes a shareholder of Terra Felix.
- 2005 – Peter and two partners purchase Terra Felix outright.
- 2007 – Shiraz Viognier 2005 wins “Wine of the Year” in the “Penguin Good Australian Wine Guide”, Release a Mourvèdre and Viognier.
- 2009 – Introduced two Italian style wines – Moscato and Sagrantino – to the range
- 2010 – Terra Felix wines receive 5 trophies and 9 Gold Medals in Australian wine shows.
- 2011 – Prosecco introduced.
- 2012 – Launch of the Regional Selection range – Barossa Valley Shiraz, McLaren Vale Shiraz, McLaren Vale Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 2013 – Merlot added to the Estate range.
- 2014 – Regional Selection expanded to focus on China — Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon, Langhorne Creek Shiraz, Yarra Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, Yarra Valley Shiraz. greater emphasis placed cool climate wines/ grapes.
- 2015 – Yarra Valley Pinot Noir added to the Regional Selection range. Prosecco: shift grape sourcing to the King Valley. Won Gold Medal at Royal Sydney Show. Alpine Valleys Chardonnay released. Receives 90 Points from James Halliday.
- 2016 – Upgraded label design to emphasise Regional Selection wines from Heathcote- Shiraz, Yarra Valley – Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, Harcourt Valley- Pinot Gris and Merlot. New distributor appointed for NSW/ACT, Inglewood Wine Merchants.
- 2017 – Made Cabernet Sauvignon in Coonawarra and Grampian to add to Regional Selection range. Also made Bendigo shiraz for Regional selection.
- 2018 – Winner of Trophy and Gold Medal for 2016 Heathcote Shiraz. Sales to China top $1,000,000. Introduced new Premium shiraz from Beechworth and Heathcote.
- 2019 – James Halliday awards 5 black stars in his Wine Companion. Less than 10% of wineries have this award. First shipment to USA. Released two new 2018 Barossa Valley wines. One Premium and one Regional Selection.
- 2020 – First time entered “American Awards”. Wine achieved outstanding result with 4 Gold and one silver from 5 entries. Released new Regional Selection 2019 Grampians Cabernet Sauvignon. Mornington Peninsula Pinot Noir receives 92 Points from James Halliday. Moved New South Wales Distribution to Bud Burst Wine Merchants NSW.